According to various news reports, this years Pumpkin supply is basically pants. Due to the wet weather we have had this year, there are fewer pumpkins around and those that are, are smaller and less orange than they should be. This is why we have spent a good few hours this weekend trawling the shops looking for 'the right pumpkin'.
We eventually settled on one from Sainsburys (other supermarkets are available).
Pumpkin carving is traditionally Picklesdad's job. He was banished to the conservatory as I was preparing dinner and didn't need a man, 2 children and a pumpkin in my way. Pickle was not impressed at the smell of the pumpkin. YUK!
So here he is. Spook 5 or 6. I cannot remember how many years we (picklesdad) have been doing this but every year the pumpkin has to be called 'Spook'.
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
another pumpkin crisis?? apparently last year was pretty bad for them too!
we have a load at work on display that are green and black. i thought they were not "ripe" or rotten. but aparently they came like that! WEIRD!
I like the black and green ones, unfortunately I couldn't find one. Think they look really spooky.
Hi that's a fab Jack-o-lantern!
I'm probably mot going to have time to carve any of our squash - but I've seen some amzing designs from Canada which makes me want to get out the wood carving chisels and have a go!
Celia
That is one heck of a "Spook"... Ten out of Ten! ;~)
Oh no... I think I am going to have a pumpkin crisis! I normally get mine from a farm in Beyton...drove up there yesterday to find the farm's up for sale rather than the pumpkins. This means I have to settle for Sainsburys too. Heeeellllpppp!
P.S. love picklesdad's spook. ;-D
I've only ever done a pumpkin once, and was amazed how difficult it is to cut the face straight. Spook looks fantastic, well done Picklesdad.
(No pumpkin, but I did dress up as a skeleton tonight :-D)
Post a Comment