his is a bit late, as we went on Sunday, but I have been a bit too busy with 'green animals hind sofa' to sort it out.
Picklesdad spent the first 11.5 years of his life growing up in the village of Cockfield, just outside of Bury. So last Sunday we went to look round and see where he grew up.
Picklesdad spent the first 11.5 years of his life growing up in the village of Cockfield, just outside of Bury. So last Sunday we went to look round and see where he grew up.
It wasn't a Crocs outing but instead a wellie outing! Here are MY wellies having a paddle in The River Brett.

The footpath that we walked along is where Picklesdad used to play when he was younger, and it is the site of the old railway line that used to run from Bury St Edmunds through Cockfield and onto Lavenham and Long Melford. Sadly the line was closed to passengers in 1961 and to freight in 1965.
The footpath that we walked along is where Picklesdad used to play when he was younger, and it is the site of the old railway line that used to run from Bury St Edmunds through Cockfield and onto Lavenham and Long Melford. Sadly the line was closed to passengers in 1961 and to freight in 1965.
This is Picklessister and Picklesdad in a tunnel where the river ran under the old railway line. Pickle and I thought it wiser to stay in the stream, where we could SEE if there were any rats.
Here is one of those horrible 'river rulers' that scared me so much when I was younger. See fact number 3
This was a very wierd tree which had fallen onto its side, but not died. The new growth is pointing straight up and looks most unusual.
Fellow blogger Running in Suffolk has also been to this part of Cockfield.


2 comments:
What a great post Picklesmum, but that tunnel looks very scary...I don't like tunnels, never have. Wise to stay outside I say!
Looks like a lovely place - I've never been, will have to get the directions from you some time! I love tunnels and hidden places - why didn't you go in?!!
Post a Comment