Thursday, October 11, 2007

Behind the sofa......

Just what I need to hear when I am busy getting tea ready..

Pickle : "MUM, MUM, Come here, QUICKLY!"

Me : (Not hurrying as it is probably another advert for something she wants for Christmas) "Yes Pickle, what is it?"

Pickle : "Mummy, there an animal hind sofa and it's GREEN!"

Me : GULP! "What sort of animal Pickle?"

Pickle : "One with LEGS here" (points to mouth)

Me : "Great, would you like Mummy to look for the animal?"

Pickle : "Yes please Mummy"

Me : GULP! GULP! "Ok sweetheart, Mummy will look"



Me : " I can't see anything Pickle..."

Pickle : "There IS an animal Mummy and it green WITH LEGS!"

Me: Looking with a torch this time I find a gnat or Mozzie (AARGH BLUETONGUE!!) I squish gnat/mozzie in kitchen paper. "Ok Pickle, it's gone now"


Now I am wondering WHY Pickle was behind the sofa in the first place!!

7 comments:

Rosie said...

You are so brave Picklesmum, I would scream and run off. Many times I have told my daughter that the huge great beatle under the sofa has gone, when in fact I haven't been able to look!

Picklessister said...

#Mum, there is a snake under my bed!
Oh, maybe it's a fly. Silly me!

Christina S said...

You are indeed very brave! I am lucky that Little J is very good with all kinds of undesirable creatures in the house, and will even carry away big spiders for me. Funny green animals behind sofas, eeeew, no thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I agree, you were brave, not just to hunt out and destroy the scary creature, but to 'go behind the sofa'!
In my house, it's territory only visited very rarely,when I'm pretending to be a good housewife.
I also have a hero when it comes to hunting out and destroying all kinds of unwelcome insects, his name is Alfie, and he is a seven month old Labrador....he likes the taste of all of them......except Ladybirds, they make him froth at the mouth!

Picklesmum said...

Jo/Ruby - you have to be brave with little ones around don't you. If it had just been me and Picklesdad I would have been crying about animal hind sofa!

a.n.other - I'm with Alfie on that one. I like ladybirds printed on my bag or boots but not the real ones. They bite and widdle orange stuff on you. Nasty.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, funny story of the "Hind" :)

Talking of ladybirds... my g/f told me about the "Invasion" we seem to be having right now...."s'pect you know they have sex more than any other creature on the earth? Two will swiftly grow to an army while they pass away the endless evenings of bright light in your lampshade (in my living room!) - what a good home. They hybernate this time of year. Usually they curl up in leaves in hedgrows (you probably know), they prefer the blackthorn hedge as it is too spiky to be often disturbed - thats one of the reasons farmers are not allowed to chop hedges after half past October. The black ones with red spots or the blood red ones with brown spots are the yucky dangerous variety infiltrated from abroad on the warm summer currents (coo, travel by current, that sounds good) - and they eat all our British varieties (ya boo!)".... Hurrah for kitchen paper!
:-)

Her indoors said...

I am now in trauma after this story and Ingenious Rose's spider tale....I'm off to curl up under my duvet until Christmas. ;-D