Thursday, September 27, 2007

My new shoes

BRRRRRRR! I hate to admit it, but I am finding it too cold now to wear my beloved Crocs, especially in the mornings. So I have had to find some new footwear. Trouble is nothing is going to be as comfy as my Crocs.



These are my new Joe Browns Baseball Boots. Complete with ladybirds to co-ordinate with my ladybird bag. But they are not as comfy as The Crocs, my feet feel like they are trapped in concrete or something.
I also have to be careful as Pickle has green baseball boots too, a brighter green with flowers on, but green baseball boots, none the less. One of my major hates, is seeing Mothers and Daughters dressed the same, or even siblings dressed alike. It's bad enough when people to it to twins, but there is no excuse to ever dress brothers or sisters alike. When we lived in Bury there was a lady who dressed her sons IDENTICALLY and there was a good 4 years between them. They ended up looking like


BANANAS IN PYJAMAS!!

I have been known to send members of the family in to change as we were all wearing khaki trousers or jeans, and I don't want people to think I do that intentionally!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear, I used to dress my daughters the same when they were little, mostly because the younger one wanted to be the same as her big sister.When they got a bit older it was the same but different colours,perhaps I secretly wanted twins !
Older one told me , many years later, that she hated to be dressed the same, so you are completly right.
I love your new footwear, wish I was young enough to wear it!

Her indoors said...

ROFL at the Bananas in Pyjamas photo! Must admit I am guilty of putting the boys in the same top (not actually the same top you understand - but one each). In my defence it is when we go off to a busy town or city, so that when they are "off the leash", we can identify either of them very quickly. Hopefully this can pass as mitigating circumstances ;-D

I love those baseball boots too...lovely change from crocs for the Winter. ;-D

Picklesmum said...

21stCM - Sorry that is no excuse, poor B1 and B2!! Like my baseball boots but they take for ever to do up. I have to keep them on all day in case I need to go out again! I want my Crocs back :(

Christina S said...

I love the ladybirds on your baseball boots, they're gorgeous!! Today could well be my last croc wearing day. S'freezing!

Anonymous said...

Lovely boots. Lovely blog.