Apparently I have to post the rules first, so I have cut and pasted hers so as not to get in wrong!
The Rules:
1) You have to post the rules before you give the facts.
2) Players must list one fact that is relevant to your life for each letter in your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name then use a name that you like.
3) When you are tagged, you must write a post containing your own middle name game facts.
4) At the end of your post, you must tag one person for each letter in your middle name. Don’t forget to comment them telling that they are tagged and to read your post to get the rules.
Ok, my middle name is Jane, so here goes.2) Players must list one fact that is relevant to your life for each letter in your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name then use a name that you like.
3) When you are tagged, you must write a post containing your own middle name game facts.
4) At the end of your post, you must tag one person for each letter in your middle name. Don’t forget to comment them telling that they are tagged and to read your post to get the rules.
J is for Jokes
I don't like to take (any)things too seriously. I like jokes, but jokes that are funny to both sides, NOT jokes played on other people, like Jeremy Beadle style 'pranks'. They are just cruel and make me cross! So I shall start with some of the jokes that make us Pickles laugh.
- Two monkeys get into a bath. The first monkey says "ooh ooh ah ah", the second monkey says "put some cold in then!"
- A man goes to visit a zoo. There is only one small dog in a cage in the whole zoo. It was a shitzu!!
- Picklessisters favourite joke : Why are pirates called pirates? Because they arrrrrrrrrr! She won a prize and the school fayre with that one.
- Pickles favourite joke : Knock knock? Who's there ? banana. Banana who ? Knock knock? Who's there ? Banana. Banana who? Knock knock? Who's there ? banana. Banana who ?
Knock knock? Who's there ? banana. Banana who ? Knock knock ? Who's there ? ORANGE. Orange who? Orange you glad I didn't say banana!!
- TEACHER: Ellen, give me a sentence starting with "I".
ELLEN: I is...
TEACHER: No, Ellen. Always say, "I am."
ELLEN: All right... "I am the ninth letter of the alphabet."
A is for Abbey Gardens
The Abbey Gardens were a big part of my childhood. When I was young I used to play there in the playground. I enjoyed the climbing frames and the maypole, both of which were situated in hard concrete, how times change.
When I was 9 I spent even more time there. My middle school, St James Middle was situated on the other side of the River Lark and I had to walk there every school day rain or shine. Many a time I ran under the Abbey Gate to avoid being bomber by those pesky pigeons. Very precarious on wet days too.
For the first year or two we had a few lessons in 'the old building' which later became flats. Hope they renovated it a bit first. Most memorable lesson was RE (groan) with a 70+ year old giant, called MR FEAR. Yes he definitely lived up to his name.
We also did cross country (more groans) along the river bank and up the side of the field which is now the footpath to Moreton Hall.
N is for Nokia 6300
My beloved new mobile phone is a Nokia 6300 which I recently got to replace my old Sony Ericsson. The battery wouldn't hold it's charge and kept turning off randomly. I have given my old one to Picklessister and got myself the new one - HURRAH!
It is a very slim and sexy phone, useful camera but unfortunately I have no idea how to get the photos off it and onto the computer. One day.....
I use it for texting, I love texting. I know it's not the same as a phone call or writing a letter blah blah blah, but it is excellent for those spur of the moment funny things that you want to share with your loved ones.
E is for Elephants
In my conservatory, hanging off the window handles are 2 strings of elephants. I bought this one myself, they are divided by a little gold bell, are were deep red to start with, now faded due to sun light, but I still love them.
Also Picklesdad ventured into Sunrise at Christmas and bought me these multicoloured string of elephants, which was very brave of him as those sort of 'girlie shops' frighten him.
I am looking for some more elephants to continue the theme in there.
Now for the really hard bit, who to tag next? Ok, last time Paul F and Hoffy were good sports and did it, so it's you guys again!! AND DAVID N too as I don't want him to feel left out.
Go for it guys.




3 comments:
Thank you Picklesmum. I love it, especially the jokes and your gorgeous elephants. Elephants are so lovely, I have a soapstone one, which a friend brought me back from Ireland as well as a gorgeous Bristol Blue glass one, given to us as a wedding present from 21st C Dad's mum.
That was a rotten thing, having to do the cross country up that hill. Boo to the teachers!
Thank you for tagging the councillors, I can't wait to see the results...BTW, bumped into Hoffy last night at the Art Gallery. ;-D
Hi Picklesmum - thanks for the e-mail, but unfortunately both of my blogs appear to have been sabotaged! Neither of them are accessible. I don't know who to contact about it so can't play at the mo!
As stated by 21C Mum above, I bumped into her and Ruby at The Art Gallery last night. I am on the board as a County Cllr. and we had a good chat.
Speak soon. Hoffy.
Hee hee. I ove the Shitzu and the monkey jokes.
Very funny.
:D
Post a Comment